SETCOR international conference on Smart Materials and Surfaces
SMS Bangkok 2014
26 Aug - 28 Aug 2014 | Bangkok - Thailand
SETCOR International Conference in Smart Materials and Surfacess
Smart Materials and Surfaces - SMS Bangkok 2014 is a three-day event targeted at researchers interested in the design, modification, characterisation and application of novel smart and active surfaces and materials. We aim to assemble the most up-to-date information in this emerging research area. The conference will include daily plenary delivered by key international leaders in their field and invited presentations. There will be contributed oral talks and posters coupled to significant opportunities for one-to-one discussions and debate. It’s also opened to the participation of private companies.
The conference represents a unique opportunity to hear in-depth talks on your specialist topic as well as learning more about how your materials and techniques can be applied in other areas. In addition, there will be vendor exhibits and exhibit break time so you can visit with the exhibitors and not miss any of the sessions. We hope that you will enjoy the conference, exhibits, and networking.
SETCOR Smart Materials and Surfaces 2014 conference organizing committee is looking forward to welcoming you in Bangkok-Thailand.
The Smart Materials and Surfaces conference represents a powerful and unique opportunity to interact with a range of researchers all interested in creating and applying modified surfaces and materials. Sessions will include, but not restricted to:
Development and Characterization of Multifunctional and Smart Materials/ Surfaces/ Coatings
- Material/coating design, formulation, processing and characterisation.
- Design and Theory of Smart Surfaces
- New manufacturing technologies
- Interface and interaction science
- Hybrid/ composite materials design and optimisation
- Biological and bio-inspired composite materials/coatings
- Novel nano and microdevices
- Nanocomposite, Bionanocomposite, etc
- Nanostructured, nanoporous, etc
- Piezoelectric, ferroelectric, electroactive, electromagnetic, self-healing, heating, sensing, ….materials.
Characterisation/ Properties of Active Materials/ Surfaces/ Coatings
- Micro- and nano-characterization of mechanical and electromechanical properties
- Damage, fatigue, aging, and fracture mechanics of smart devices
- Design optimization
- Mechanics of nano-devices
- Continuum models for nonlinear multi-field coupled behavior
- Micromechanical and thermodynamical modeling approaches
- Nano-scale effects and atomistic modeling techniques
- Advanced mathematical methods, finite element formulations and implementation
- Modeling, Simulation and Control of Adaptive Systems
- Integrated System Design and Implementation
- Structural Health Monitoring
Smart Materials / Coatings Applications
- Energy harvesting and storage
- MEMS and NEMS devices and applications
- Biomedical, Prosthetic and Implant Materials, Biosensors,
- Food and pharmaceutical packaging
- Automotive, aerospace, textile, construction, etc