Sensors 2020 International Conference
28 Oct - 30 Oct 2020 | Milan- Italy
1. Introduction to modern academic writing
2. Before you start writing
- Choosing the right publication format
- Choosing the right journal
- Open access
- Making and measuring impact
3. Efficient writing process
- Preparing for your manuscript
- How best to approach the writing process
- Paper’s main message and story
- Deconstructing the paper: section-by-section
- Thesis statements and the power of the title
- Effective ways to present data
- Ethics and plagiarism
4. Paper submission process and peer-review
- Submission checklist
- Paper formatting and cover letter
- Language editing and quality
- Journal editor perspective
- Peer-review system and journal reviewer perspective
- Replying to reviewer comments
- Copyright rules for authors
5. After submission
- Supporting your paper after publication
- Ways to increase citations
- Managing publications portfolio
- The workshop has shown me a completely new face of academic publishing. After the workshop, I immediately wanted to sit down and start writing my paper.
- Workshop made me feel enthusiastic about writing! Would definitely recommend to a friend.
- Well delivered and crisp. Good balance between theory and practical examples.
- Enjoyable and extremely useful. Will enable me to be more successful when submitting.