Prof. Jean-Yves Bottero
CNRS-CEREGE-France and DUKE University, USA
Prof Jean-Yves Bottero is a Research Director at CNRS (Emeritus) . He’s also the Director of the Labex SERENADE : Safe(r) and Ecodesign Research and Education applied to NAnomaterial Development and Director for France of the International Research Consortium I-CEINT (CNRS-DUKE Univ).He was appointed at the Centre Européen de Recherche et Enseignement des Géosciences de l’Environnement-(CEREGE)- UMR 7330 CNRS-AMU-IRD (Aix-en-Provence France) since 1995 and as Adjunct Professor at Civil and Environmental Engineering Department DUKE University, Durham North Carolina-USA since 2006. He was appointed as Adjunct Professor of Environmental Engineering Science Department- Rice University- Houston Texas from 1996 to 2012. He has been involved in many committees including:
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Lyonnaise des Eaux Company : 1985-1990
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the SITA Group : 1990-1996
- Director of the Research Project of SITA group-CNRS on « Solidification and Stabilization of Ultimate Solid Wastes ». 1993-1997
- Director of Laboratoire des Géosciences de l’Environnement URA CNRS-Univ Aix-Marseille III : 1995-1998
- Director of the Centre Européen de Recherche et Enseignement des Géosciences de l’Environnement-(CEREGE)- UMR 7330 CNRS-AMU-IRD : 2007-2009
- Member of the Scientific Commitee of Institut National des Sciences de l’Univers CNRS. 2007-2010
- Member of the Eco Technology Scientific Commitee of the Agence national de la Recherche : 2005-2007
- President of the Eco-Technology Scientific Committee of the Agence national de la Recherche : 2008-2011.
- Member of the reflexion committee Nanoscience-Nanotechnology of ANR : 2009-2014
- Member of the Competiveness Consortium RISKS grouping more than 200 companies and laboratories : 2006-….
- Co-Foundator and Member of EA ECO Enterprise Consortium
He published more than 218 referenced publications in WEB of SCIENCE, 7177 Times cited, h-index 45 and many patents.