Nanometrology France 2016 Conference and Exhibition
01 Jun - 03 Jun 2016 | Paris - France
Nanometrology France 2016 International Conference & Exhibition
Nanometrology: is it the next big thing in measurement ?
Metrology, from the Ancient Greek metron (measure) and logos (study of), is the science of measurement. Nanometrology is a subfield of metrology, concerned with the science of measurement at the nanoscale level. Today's global economy depends on reliable measurements and tests, which are trusted and accepted internationally. This measurement infrastructure must be extended into the nanoscale and beyond, to bring nanotechnology based products or manufacturing processes successfully and safely into the market place.
The NanoMetrology France event deals with the advancements in all the metrological aspects related to nanoscience and nanotechnology. It is open to all the areas connected to both theoretical and experimental aspects of metrology at the nanometer scale, from new methodologies for the quantitative characterization of nanomaterials, to new results in fields of characterization of nanomaterials and realization of nanometrological standards, which represent a key issue for making possible a successful technological transfer of nanotechnology. The aim of this event is to offer an opportunity to academicians, innovators and industrials to share, and divulge new methods, techniques and instrumentations, for metrology and characterization of nanomaterials, nanosystems, and nanodevices at the nanometer scale. The event topics include, but not limited to:
- Methodologies for the quantitative characterization of physical and chemical parameters of nanomaterials (AFM, STM, SEM, TEM, Mass spectrometry, etc)
- Extension and standardization of characterization Methodologies at the nanometer scale (engineered nanoparticles, nanobiotechnologies, nanoelectronics, thin films/nanocoatings
- Presentation of innovative studies reporting new results in the characterization of nanomaterials and nanosystems
- Definition and realization of standards for nanometer scale characterizations (reference materials, measurement standards, etc)
- Divulgation of good laboratory practice and traceability in nanoscale metrology
- Modeling and simulations for nanometrology
- Society and regulation issues
Please click here for the above topics details.
NanoMetrology France 2016 Symposia
In parallel to the conference sessions, we are organizing the following focused symposia:
Symposium 1: Nanospectroscopy
Chair: Prof. Pierre-Michel Adam University of technology of Troyes, France
Symposium 2: Detection, location & quantification of nanomaterials and by-product released from nano-enable products
Chairs: Jean-Yves Bottero, CNRS-CEREGE-France and DUKE University- USA